A lot of administrators are looking for scripts to create test accounts in bulk. NETsec now offers a freeware tool which creates users and contacts. As special feature you can create free/busy information for testing purposes.
The tool works fine with Active Directory and Exchange 200x and makes creation of large numbers of Active Directory objects easy. Great for Exchange consultants and test lab needs.
Download BulkEx for free.
What does the tool provide you with?
- Create mailbox-enables users
For creating users the software uses the content of 5 files in subfolder /names which represent firstname, lastname, city, country and street. The files are pre-filled with examples. If you need to have your own “words” you might modify these files.
- Create mail-enabled contacts
For creating users the software uses the content of 5 files in subfolder /names which represent firstname, lastname, city, country and street. The files are pre-filled with examples. If you need to have your own “words” you might modify these files
- Free/Busy information
All user objects in the selected OU will get some calendar entries. At every day they will get 1 meeting with another person (randomly). The first 15 entries are by type busy, the next 15 entries by type free; the next 15 by out of office and 15 entries with tentative.
- Log file
All actions are written to a log file which is placed in the installation folder.
- You must have .Net Framework 2.x or higher installed on the machine you want to use.
- The machine must be member of the domain.
- Windows 2003/Windows 2008/Xp/Vista: The setup installs automatically CDO (if there is no Outlook software on the machine).
- Windows 7 / Windows 2008 R2: If you want to install the tool on a Windows 7 client or a Windows 2008 R2 member server, Outlook 2007 is required on this machine.
The software is as is – we take no warrenty. But we use it for internal testing purposes at our own site (programming) and at customers site (migration, testlabs & consulting scenarios). Recommendations and contributions are welcome.
BulKEx creates Active Directory / Exchange mailbox-enabled users and mail-enabled contacts in bulk as well as free/busy information.